University Master in Labour Management
- Acces and Admission
- Pre-enrolment and register
- Student mobility
- Academic results
- Study Plan
- Objectives and Competences
- Quality system
- Learning Resources
- Tutorial support
- Teacher guides
- Master Thesis
- Calendars, Timetables and Exams
Objectives and competences
The objective of the Degree Master in Management and Labour Management is to train professionals in the workplace high-level ability to solve business problems and complex human resources, either as professionals in the public or private sector or both as scholar of labour law and human resources.
Basic, general, specific and transverse competences
Relation of basic competences
- Possess knowledge and understanding to provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often within a research context.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and be capable of solving problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- Be able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Be able to communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale – sustain – to specialists and non- specialists in a clear and unambiguous.
- Possessing learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
Relation of general competences
- That the students can communicate with their peers, the academic community as a whole and with society in general about their areas of expertise.
- Develop knowledge, skills and abilities that allow an ideal direction and labour management.
- Learn to recognize the economics of social security and labour relations
- Develop the capacity of organization, planning and decision making.
- Ability to integrate knowledge in labour, tax and social security fields to provide social work services and tax advice.
- That students are able to assume encourage, academic and professional technological, social or cultural advancement in a knowledge based society contexts.
Relation of specific competences
- Students should be able to advise companies on the socio- labour and tax field.
- Students should be able to make decisions and seek consensus on complex issues relating to the socio- labour situation of the enterprise solutions.
- Ability to select strategic options HR wealthier the multidisciplinary environment of the company.
- Ability to develop plans Human and equality, resources consistent with the goal to achieve.
- Ability to manage the negotiation process between the parties to the employment relationship in order to reach consensus and agreement.
- Students should be able, with the acquired skills to implement a service owned or Oblivious Prevention and manage it.
- Students should be able to manage labour relations in Europe.
- Have students assimilate the scope of the doctrine and court decisions to support solutions that give legal problems that arise in practice in each of the areas – subjects that make up the syllabus.
- Ability to analyze various organizational situations that may occur in a business or public institution to propose the most appropriate action at any time considering its legal consequences.
- Learn and master the techniques and appropriate Human Resources and Labour Relations to empower decision tools.
Value of transferable competences
- Having a correct oral and written expression.
- Mastering a foreign language.
- Mastering ICT.
- Respect the fundamental rights of equality between men and women, the promotion of human rights and the values of a culture based on peace and democracy.